Friday, July 6, 2007

In Honor of Frida

Today is the 100th anniversary of Frida Kahlo's birth, 7-6-1907 / 2007. "Over the course of her lifetime, she only produced about 130 paintings, most of them on relatively tiny canvases and squares of sheet metal. And almost all of her paintings were self-portraits. But in spite of her small output, she's now considered one of the greatest Mexican artists and one of the greatest female artists of the 20th century. It was only after her death that her work became well known. Today, her paintings fetch prices at auctions equal to paintings by Picasso and Van Gogh!" (Todays Writers Almanac, e-mail version from Garrison Keller)http://writersalmanac.publicradio.org/ check it out, it's always interesting.

Bravo Frida, Feliz Cumpleanas!

The blog is back. I have been encouraged by several friends who blog that a blog is not just my "book" it is an on going conversaton with my friends - soooo - back to blogging. My other blogger friends have big cancer things they are writing about, me, I'm just trying to think, everyday. I heard somewhere once that most people are good in a crisis, it's the day to day ordinary life that wears people down....

Thanks for all the feedback on the rough draft of my book. I think one chapter is really good and one ok and the rest well..... my plan is to use the good chapter and fashion something different around it. But thanks for hanging in there it meant a lot to me and I really appreacite it.


Check out Noah, William's son, on the internet - he is "Mr. Mike" and he is doing a video blog called a vlog, for Game Net TV. I think he is a natural; witty and handsome.

Scroll down till you see the Mr. Mike photo above, click on the small "i", that brings up his menu. Click on "videos" to see his blogs, I mean vlogs!




Carolyn, I have finally found a St. Francis Statue, I have wanted one since I saw yours in Cuyutlan. You really should do a blog - remodeling an old property outside of Mexico City....

I live to water. I am in love with my garden. We swam at the Cow Creek swimming hole for the first time this year and the summer is heating up here in southern Oregon.
Check back often, thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you.
Here's to thinking,
Love,
Deborah










































































































1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy you're back in the blogosphere! Love to read you, lady. Hugs from here.

V