Saturday, August 11, 2007

Eaten by a Shark!


Ocean World
Crescent City, California

Watch out for sharks



I just returned home yesterday from the 6 hour round trip to Crescent City, taking Emily back to Beth. It was worth it. We got to have her for a week and she is such a joy. Emily has been to Ocean World lots of times as they go by it on the way home from Myrtle Creek. They have gone in the winter when they were the only people, and then the trainers bring the seals up on the deck and they kiss Emily on the cheeks, I was told. Of course August is peak tourist season for the California coast. The Ocean World tour was packed, and the roads were full of traffic, tons of trucks, RV's, trailers. The cutoff from Grants Pass, which is already in the mountains, across the coast range mountains down to Crescent City on the coast, is not for the faint at heart. There are many miles of following the Smith River up a canyon, where a passenger could touch the rocks on the curves. Never the less, it was packed. My 20 year old BMW did great though, left many a newer rig behind on a hill or curve, which there are many a hill and curve. It does help to have driven this road so many times. I first drove it 30 years ago. It has improved and I have declined and so it still works for me. Compared to then, half the time.


Holding starfish


Petting Sharks!




Thanks for listening and I hope you are having a great summer!




1 comment:

The Fevered Brain said...

That beautiful baby I first saw in Cuyutlan has grown into a beautiful little girl. How lucky you are to see her so often!