Wednesday, July 30, 2008

new old couch

My new old couch! I have been searching for a new couch for months. I tripped out - I had never really just went out and bought a new couch and I was going to treat myself. I looked at all the possibilities, did we want a couch and love seat, that would not fit in our room, OK how about a sectional, no most were too big. Did we want fabric, gets dirty, did we want leather, good leather is expensive. Then how about a love seat and 2 chairs....how about just 2 love seats, how about....I obviously did not know what I wanted. And I was going to buy a new one for a change.

Finally we decided to go up to Eugene, the "big" city and see what we could find. We saw a sign for a used furniture store that had good quality, River Road Second Hand. I figured if it was meant to be my couch would be there and it was!! This gorgeous blue leather couch was $300!


I had my opportunity to buy new and love this one as well. Who would have thought! The best part was that they also had an old white real wicker set, couch, 2 chairs and a table for $90. Five people tried to buy that from me while I was there. It is in great shape and I love it on the porch.
And Willie, my hero, got it all on our little truck and we drove back to our little town of Myrtle Creek.

1 comment:

The Fevered Brain said...

G-R-E-A-T shopping! I love it when you go in with a wad of dough ready to buy BIG but end up with exactly what you want for a fraction of your budget. Looks beautiful, comfortable, colorful. Wish I could come sit on your wicker-ful porch, too.