Tuesday, August 19, 2008

in the Hurricane!

That's not me, but it could be, I am in south Florida visiting my parents, the hurricane came through here last night, wow, it was pretty exciting!! I spent most of the morning bucketing water out of the pool as it threatened to overflow into the patio and house! My parent's house backs on the golf course and a small pond that is now a huge lake!!

We were lucky that was the worst of it.

It was very disappointing to find that the wireless connection I use to get in my parent's garage is no longer working, the neighbors are gone for the summer and canceled their service, how selfish of them! So it has been hard to find a connection. I am at Panera's bakery where they have free wireless, much more comfortable than the garage anyway.

My mom is doing much better, still recovering from the cancer......that terrible scourge.

Talk to you next week.

2 comments:

The Fevered Brain said...

If there's a Starbucks in the area, try there. They usually have great WiFi service. Take care. And good for your Mom!! We know about beating cancer here in this house!

Unknown said...

So the rain continues and today I hear people are being flooded out. Are you staying dry?