Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day

To all you gorgeous, hardworking, fun loving, creative and inspirational MOMs!

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh


I guess that goes for Grandmothers, and Great Grandmothers too...


"The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world."
~ W. R. Wallace


You ROCK




Especially my Mom!


She is the little one in this photo with her mom, grandmother and great-grandmother.


Here I am the littlest one. A great, great grandmother I never knew gone, as they all moved over a chair to let me in.


Then I was in the hot seat, a mother, half way through the generations.


Now I am the grandmother, my beloved mom is in the last chair, I can't bear to ever lose her.

I can't imagine my life without the joy of my granddaughter.

Even though the next chair is the last.

4 comments:

VisitLaManzanilla said...

Thanks so much. That was a beautiful post!

The Fevered Brain said...

A wonderful post for any day, not only Mother's Day. Wish I had sequential photos like those. Made it across the border this morning without any incidents between C-lan and Nogales. See you in December!

Qwerty Queen said...

Hey there, dearest Deborah, your generations of women tribute is loverly, especially for someone like me who has no such reflections in my mirror. LUVU, Rebecca ;-)

Denise Michele said...

Wow! What a tribute...a beautiful post with all of those pictures.

Hugs to you!

Denise :)