Saturday, June 13, 2009

letting go
for sale - Olympic Mountain View


596 Nickelbush Lane, Quilcene, Washington
(25 miles south of Port Townsend)

It has been a painful decision to let go of our property at Nickelbush.

Beth and Emily are no longer living there, and it is now too nice a place to let be empty so we can camp there once in the summer....we can just manage to take care of the 1/2 acre here in Oregon and the drive to Port Townsend gets longer every year.

The property is a lovely 5 acres, with a pond and cabin. The cabin has an incredible view to the west out over a 40 acre meadow of the snow-capped Olympic Mountains.
The cabin is rustic, but has new insulation and drywall, wood stove, butcher block counter, kitchen sink and a claw foot tub.
Good new road, right to the cabin.

There are many old cedar and maple trees on the property.

Beth took this photo last winter.

The cabin now has a back porch, woodshed, composting outhouse (covered of course) and new cedar siding on the building.

We are going up to Port Townsend this week-end to see Emily's dance recital, to camp out on the land and say our good-byes.

We would love to sell it to a friend, or friend of a friend.....we are asking $62,000, owner contract (about $10,000 down and less than $500./mo. If we don't hear back from anyone, we will list it with an agent before we leave the area.

It's the end of an era for us.

No more one foot in Port Townsend, we are letting go and moving on.

I am of course, taking my memories with me!

1 comment:

jwyatt521 said...

Hello there! I just happened to stumble upon your blog here and ended up finding a gem. This house on Nickelbush looks like a very good one for me and my family. My wife is on the phone finding out about funding right now. So... I'd like to drive up and have a look-see, if you don't mind. We currently live in Quilcene in a mobil home we own, but are looking for something just like this. You can contact me at jwyatt521@gmail.com and I'll give you my number or get yours. I'm very excited and hope that this all works out to everyone's benefit. I work in the radiology depatment at the Port Townsend hospital so the monthly portion is no problem, we're just trying to find some aid in the down payment. I think that pond might could use some brook trout in it too :) I look forward to talking to you.