Friday, August 20, 2010

ARRRRHHHHHHHH

a virus has been eating my computer!!


On Wednesday my computer started acting weird, it kept popping up messages that said I had a virus and I had better buy their software quick (and expensive) to take care of it.  It took over my computer - all the pop-ups warning me WERE the virus!  It would not allow me to run anything else and it finally started shutting off my computer and restarting it if I tried to do anything.  I spent all day and most of Wednesday night trying to get rid of it.  I was out of my league.  I took it to the Computer Emergency guys and I just got it back.  I am so hoping that the virus is now truly gone.  It was not too comforting to hear him say, oh if it does not work bring it back Monday, we won't charge you again.  Monday?  Oh I hope not, I hope it is gone.  At least I can use my computer now.

It is amazing how much I am attached to my computer.  It feels like my life line.......I am not sure that is a good thing.  I will think about it too much and maybe figure it out.

PS
Oh and the virus named itself as malware doctor, and antimalware doctor.  There is a program that is good, called Malwarebyte anti-malware, notice the hyphen, that is the difference!  This program is free on the web.  



No comments: