Saturday, December 11, 2010

view from the beach.....


That's my good friend Betsy who just graced us with a nice long visit. She was working on her base tan in Florida on her way to the Caribbean.

It was pretty funny.  We had just gotten what I considered a cold spell.  I was wearing a jacket and scarf and she was in her bikini tanning.

We went into the grocery store on the way back from the beach. The man at the check out look at both of us, then said that he could tell who was visiting who.

She thought it was just me and that I was crazy until the afternoon we met with our realtor friend at a house we wanted to see.  Edna got out of the car with a big white down jacket on with the hood up, "freezing out, isn't it?" she says as she hops out.

I certainly have acclimatized to Florida!  Being warm is easy to get use to....


4 comments:

Ana said...

Too funny! What was the temp?

ddmichel said...

65, maybe 68?

jacquie1062001 said...

Reminds me of my mom and I when I was a kid in PA, visiting my mom's friend in Sarasota. Mom and I went to the beach every day, but her friend said, "We never swim in the Winter!"

Ana said...

Brrrr... and I thought we were weather wimps in the Pacific NW!!! LOL