Monday, January 1, 2007

2007! Happy Shiny New Year

















My dad always said my problem was I think too much. He is right, I do. This year my resolution is to share my thoughts, all too many of them. Look ma, I'm blogging.

I am inspired by friends of mine who have a regular blog, the inspiration is how much I enjoy reading them, like realitiy tv, it is reality reading. I am actually surprised how much I look forward to them. I especially love the photos. Sorry about this one, I am new at this, they are suppose to be down at least 3 paragraphs. Our perhaps they can only go on the top - we'll see.

They have a lot to say, these brave woman, one is going through chemotherapy and the other's partner just did. I have nothing so striking and important to blog about, to be sure, but the thoughts keep coming.

They are both natural writers, these women friends, their words flow, their images well chosen and I love reading them. I have passed their blog address to several who know them.
They have a focus and I need to find mine:
-it could be living in southern rural Oregon and the work I do to save the old growth forests on public land. Photo.

-it could be my deep abiding love of Mexico. I have property on the beach with my husband, on the west coast, south of Manzanilla, see photo.

-I have children and grandchilden that I adore....photo.
I am not sure what form this will take yet but I do need to practice writing, because,

-I have written a first draft of a book that I would like to share a chapter at a time here for feedback if anyone is interested. It is a memoir of the time during my son's death and what kept me alive, it's called, "Great Beaches, Unkind Deaths". Let me know what you think.

I love all of you. I see 2007 as shiny and new for everyone and I wish for peace on earth more than anything else.
me

5 comments:

jendaubner said...

I love it! The blog and the book....great therapy for the soul!

Unknown said...

Stop thinking and write!

Glad to see you in the game, girl. Love that. Love you.

Seiza la Roo said...

Yay, Deborah. I'm so jazzed that you are blogging, too. It's such a natural medium for a writer. And I've found it's a way to meet other bloggers. Love the photos. However, I have the same trouble with photos. They don't post where I want them to. If you learn the secret of how to put them where you want them, let me know.

-Seiza

Mary said...

Deborah!
Great beginning of a year that we all hope will still be shinning in December. In my opinion, it is not possible to "think too much." We get into trouble when we stop thinking before reaching a conclusion based upon truth and embrace what my father called "a half-baked idea."
Of course I want to read your book. I've been waiting for years for an invitation.
Love you
Mary

Rebecca Brown said...

Dearly loved Deborah, well done! I so want more -- to hear the story, learn the lessons. You know I've been waiting for these words for decades.
Keep true to your voice, pour out your thoughts & don't worry about being too "heavy" or not funny enough -- everyone's funnybone resonates differently -- like getting a fit of giggles at a fun -eral.
Also don't worry yourself over spelling & grammar as you write your draft. Leave your critical teacher in her garden editing the weeds until it's time to put on your professional hat for the rewrites.
from my heart to yours