Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Meet our new grandson!

Our daughter Beth arrived last night from Arcata with Emily our adored granddaughter and Caelan, our new grandson.

Caelan's Dad, our good friend Paul, died before Christmas this year. He did not wake up the morning after the solstice.

I have known Paul since I lived in California, 30 years ago. To Beth he was Uncle Paul, the man who was always there for her. He was the one who bought her the presents when she went to visit her dad. They have always been very close and since the kids are only a year apart in age, they had a lot in common.

When Beth moved to Arcata this fall it was to Paul's. He helped her get a place and they spent a lot of time together with the kids. Caelan had no one else but his dad. Paul was adopted and not in touch with that family. Caelan's mom lost custody years ago. She is a sweet person but in and out of treatment centers and jail. (She lost custody of 2 other children and had another one in jail a year ago...)

Beth has taken on the legal guardianship of this young boy. She has the community there, the school and Caelan's mothers consent.

I am so proud of her.


___________________________________

Chapter 1 is ready, I will post it soon, I have been busy coloring and playing dolls.....

It is 10 pages, is that too long for one post??

I am overwhelmed by your support and it gives me courage!
Thank-you.
I love you,
me

No comments: