Sunday, June 22, 2008

great time had by all



A great time was had by all at the sixty / solstice party! Noah flew in from L.A. and surprised his Dad, about 40 people showed up

and the band outdid its self.




Seth, the mandolin player works with me. When we hired them last year for the party, a friend was appalled that we hired a band we had never heard, I figured hey we don't know many people in this area and he works with me! They were awesome! And so this year we knew how good they are and how lucky we were to have them play in our yard! We only have this and a bad photo (right like this is a good one) of the party, we were having way too much fun. I did take the video camera out, only to find a dead (of course) battery. Before a party it seems like I have plenty of time and then - time sink, everyone is here!







Emily is here for a few weeks and it is always such a joy to have her. I never thought I would be one of those sappy grandma's - but I am!




She learned to read this year in kindergarten. That is so amazing, I would never want to be a full time kindergarten or first grade teacher, you are responsible for them learning everything!

I think Willi liked the poster we made of his 60 glorious years!

No comments: