Friday, June 6, 2008

the art of Dylan

Did you know that Bob Dylan was a visual artist too? I didn't until today. I read that Bob Dylan has been painting for years - and a tiny gallery in eastern Germany is staging his first exhibition. Read about it here, then peruse this gallery to see some of his art at the Chemnitz Art Gallery.

I would have to say that the songs and poetry of Bob Dylan changed my life. I can remember driving to California when I was 23, everything I had pursued in my life to that point had been a dead end. I remember rolling through the green hills of Kentucky heading west, windows wide open, Bob loud on the cassette player, smoking a joint and being happier than I had ever been in my life. Bob got me through.



PS Thanks Susan for showing me the link thing.

No comments: