Sunday, May 9, 2010


WOW!
Happy Day to all you MOTHERS out there.


Especially my Mom.
Her Mom, my Grandmother, Erna.
(I called her Kentucky Grandma, well she lived in Kentucky)
And my Grandmother's Mom, my Great Grandmother, Lucy.

and my Dad's Mom, Martha.
(I called her Trailer Grandma, well she lived in a trailer)
These woman have loved me like no other.
I owe everything I am to them.
They have shaped my life.
I think about my grandmothers all the time.
How lucky I was to have them.
How lucky I am to still have my Mom.
Then wow, I'm a mom.
The great joy of my life has been my baby girl.
All grown up now.


She made me a Mother and a Grandmother.
I can think of no greater joy than grandchildren.
Six generations of mother love.
I am so grateful for these woman in my family.
and for my friends who are Mothers,
especially those of you who raised your kids in the trenches next to me,
(you know who you are),
I hope you have a great day, I am honored to know you.
MOM upside down is WOW!
























1 comment:

Loft Tower Books said...

I honestly think it is the life aspirations we share within each relationship, familial or other, that brings me joy. If my son did not share my zest for art and philosophy, he and I could not look in the same direction. My gratitude for Motherhood is intact as I knew I could love when I first held my son in my arms and I am still trying to know love better. Meanwhile, since I compete with Hallmark, Mother's Day is just another "holiday", until I can get my market share. :>)