Friday, July 8, 2011

after a 6 hour delay in San Francisco - Puerto Vallarta!


fog in San Francisco delayed the flight - imagine that
down to one working runway the plane coming in that we were suppose to take out
could not land
it finally had to go to San Jose to re-fuel and get back in the cue
at least we got to wait in the airport, on the way home I was not so lucky

got to Vallarta at 9 pm instead of 3, glad I told Ariel not to pick me up
what to do?
Walk to the Plaza Marina, cross the street and wait for a bus to Las Palmas
do not shop at commercial as you are seriously late already
and it is staring to rain

at the bus stop you ask about the bus to Las Palmas
understanding that the buses to Las Palmas are on strike and
good luck finding a bus....

there is a cab there at the end of the seats of the bus stop
por favor, que pricio para Las Palmas?
thinking since this is outside the airport in Vallarta
and my dedestination is not only far, but not on the tourist trail

Cien pesos. Cien pesos? Sweet. 10 bucks.
It started feeling cooler once we got out of town
oh did I say it was sweltering hot?
when the rain started, soft and gentle at first
the driver and I agreed that it was mas fresca, more fresh

I did not exactly know how to direct the taxi to their house, so I got off at the church and
remembered how to walk there
they were glad to see me, nonplussed as the Mexican are about the late hour
or the rain.



Their house is also hand designed and hand built - it is wonderful!

it has been fun to see it go from one bedroom to a 2 story
L shaped house
this vine is one of my favorites

check out the flower, I love the color
I am growing it in Florida but it is not blooming.....


they too have a gorgeous view from their open air kitchen


Ariel in her kitchen on the phone like any young person these days


Monaco, after a nummy lunch of tacos from downtown
Las Palmas has the best food - really!


the guest room and massage room,
I love the bamboo Ariel and her mom painted


please come to my house and paint the same thing
I love it!!


we all went to Vallarta and got a room the next night
Angel had a blast in the pool
he literally had a water blaster and we had a great time
the water was warm and it was a little cloudy so we did not have to worry about sunburn
we ate dinner by the pool and guess what,\
it was happy hour too!




we had so much fun


sunset from our room



next - picking up Betsy and being tourists in Vallarta


No comments: