Monday, July 18, 2011

after an all night bus ride from Mexico City to Colima
with a stop in Tecoman
 we were home -

Cuyutlan!!

after Ana Rosa did her magic - our house shown!

Beth had done an awesome job with paint and furniture
so it was not long before it was a comfy place again


that is Sabina's art on the wall, too bad it did not show up better
it makes that end of the room


I love the colors Beth painted

I kept the fridge in the bedroom and set up  small kitchen next to it
I was only there a couple weeks
I did not drag the washer out either
and after a few loads at Javier's mom's place
I washed by hand


first day in Cuyutlan was lunch at Dago's of course,
shrimp tostadas, I love 'em

the day before we arrived a huge storm had hit Cuyutlan
the water came up over the malacon, huge trees had been uprooted
everyone was out cleaning up

the beach was way closer to the malacon than in the winter
there was not much room for chairs or umbrellas
needless to say there was not much business either

well I said we tried not to wear our Vallarta dresses on the same day
but it was so hot that is all we wanted to wear!


like I said, there was no one in Cuyutlan
I have never been there when it was so quiet


Betsy's last morning
she is happy to be leaving the heat!!
at 3 am we woke up, had to lie in the little pool to cool off and went back to bed

thank you for the hammock Beth, it is the only way I made it for the next week
after dark I would lie in it with the fan right in front of me
by about 1 am the bedroom had cooled down....
we have never stayed there in the summer
the room needs a vent near the ceiling to let the hot air out

there was one really bad night when about midnight in the middle of a huge electrical storm
the electricty went out in the whole town
it was cool so have it dark, I like dark
but it meant no fan.....

 
I had a great time with Luly, Ken and Carol at their ex-maids wedding
until it started raining
we left when it started pouring, before the birria
ex-maid, now that she is getting married she does not have to work....

I love what Beth did with the outside shower
it was made out of creosote posts and heavy black plastic walls
it had a roof
now you can look up and see the bougainvillea over head
and at night, the stars
it is not quite finished it needs a coat of stucco to make it look sharp


it is hard to see in the photo but there is a guy at the top of this palm
cutting down the coconuts


we had 2 palms that needed their coconuts harvested

that was from one palm!
Dago arranged for them to be cut and we gave them to him for his puesto


this is the day before I am leaving, giving the keys to Ken
getting a ride to Tecoman from Jacquie and Eduardo
thank you, thank you


I was meeting Eduardo and Jacquie for lunch one day in Tecoman
when I got there I was so hot I suggested a restaurant that was air conditioned
we went around the corner of their house to the restaurant at the Hotel Real
wow, it was beautiful
I did not know such a wonderful hotel even existed in Tecoman
I decided right then to come and spend my last night in Mexico at the hotel
it was a great idea
instead of working all morning to pack up the house and then driving to the airport,
I went to Tecoman and luxuriated in the huge pool and air conditioned room
did some shopping in the morning easy with a taxi -
I needed 2 princess dresses
and still made it to the airport in plenty of time


we were so worried about the weather and getting out of the Manzanillo airport
as it had been storming for days
the weather turned out not to be the problem -
it was that my passport had expired 4 days before!!

WHAT??

I could not believe it
it took over an hour for the Alaska Airline people to decide to allow me to board
and in Houston, they never mentioned it!!
I was so lucky
or I would still be in Mexico,
waiting at the counter of the consulate in Guadalajara.....


2 comments:

jacquie1062001 said...

Now I'm thinking of you still standing at the counter in Guadalajara, trying to get out of Mexico! :-) What a negative situation that would have been! But, all things considered, I think your long, long trip worked out very well.

Thank you for the excellent writing and excellent photos. Especially for the photos in the palace, since some gringas don't know how to turn off their auto flash. :-( Should I even tell you, my son-in-law showed me how to do it in ten seconds? Oops, too late!

The Fevered Brain said...

Thanks so much for the Cuyutlán update. I had heard from Jack that the weather was dicey; last word was there had been 13" rain and our fence blew down! Thank God for Fernando. Love what Beth has done to your little casa, esp. the front porch living room. Planning to drop by for an inspection next season! When are you planning to be in residence?