Monday, October 1, 2007

wildlife in Sacramento


We spent the last week in Sacramento moving William's parents, again. It was a good move for them though, I think they will be happier, their new apartment gives them more independence.
I was over whelmed with the traffic, noise and smog. I am not a city girl, though I was born in Detroit, I thrive in nature. The more remote the better.
While I was going past the Gardenia bush at William's parents house, which is on a lot in a subdivision right in Sacramento, I bent down to smell the Gardenia flower and jumped back when I saw this praying mantis right in front of my nose. I think she was surprised too. I was amazed that this wonderful insect would be right in the middle of all the traffic, noise and smog. I am again reminded that this planet is a magical and amazing place.
We left Sacramento in spring like weather, blue sky, hint of a breeze, 75 degrees. By the time we got to Redding you could see the clouds forming over the Siskiyou Mountains. Mount Shasta was covered in fog and just about Weed, it started pouring. We had arrived into winter from spring. By Ashland I had to trade my flip flops for shoes and socks. It rained the rest of the way home.

1 comment:

The Fevered Brain said...

Give us a call next time you're in the neighborhood! See you at the beach at Christmas? Or later? Or whenever!